Let us pray for the whole state of Christ’s Church and the world.
We pray for:
- our one earth, so that we are moved to perform our custodial role and turn from our rapacious ways
- the people who labour to improve the welfare of all lifeforms on earth: for activists, agricultural reformers, conservationists, political and religious leaders, scientists, social workers
- the poor, lest they be forgotten by the rest of us: that our leaders remember their redistributive duties and the rest of us, our charitable ones
- all your churches, that we focus on the commonalities that bring us all together, and not the issues that divide us
- ecumenical dialogue, and also for a better understanding with those who profess no faith
- the victims of persecution by religious fundamentalists of all faiths. Especially those in Afghanistan, Egypt, Iran, Malaysia, N. Ireland, the USA and Yemen
- for the persecutors, that You may open their eyes and soften their hearts
Grant these our prayers, O Father, for Jesus Christ’s sake,
our only Mediator and Advocate. Amen.